Whether you own, rent or deal in property, are looking to take your first lease of business premises or are interested in developing an industrial site, our dedicated commercial property team based in the City of London will be happy to assist.
Our commercial property expertise includes acting in connection with any of the following:
- Commercial landlord and tenant matters from licences to occupy to all types of Leases, surrenders, lease extensions, exercise of rights to break leases acting from both a landlord and tenant standpoint;
- Renewals and termination of Leases arising from mutually agreed terms and in connection with the statutory procedure set out by the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- Rent review procedures and documenting the same once agreement has been reached;
- Dealing with applications for consent to assign, sublet, make alterations to leasehold premises;
- Acquisition and sale of all types of commercial property including acting for Liquidators, Trustees in Bankruptcy and Receivers;
- Due diligence involved when selling or buying assets held by a company on an asset or share sale working in conjunction with our company commercial team;
- Residential property sales, purchases and refinances;
- Preparation of legal packs for property for sale at Auction and from the other perspective of reviewing legal packs for potential buyers prior to Auction;
- Options to purchase both freehold and leasehold property;
- Conditional contracts for sale subject to the grant of planning permission and other case specific conditionality;
- Deeds that create new rights that enhance the use of land and also the release or variation of rights and restrictions affecting land in order to free up land for development or a change of use;
- Securing a sellers right to receive future payments following a sale out of the potential future uplift value of land following its development by means of Overage;
- Review of Statutory Agreements in respect of planning matters including section 106 Agreements, Unilateral Undertakings, Highways Agreements as well as preparing and approving water, gas and electricity Wayleave Agreements; and
- Acting for Lender or Borrower in respect of completion of the loan facilities required to assist with acquisition of property and its development including handling loans from the major institutional banks to private lenders including bridging loans.