Smithfield Partners meet the needs of the emerging and dynamic UK and European online and land-based gaming and gambling industry, offering specialist advice and business solutions.
We aim to provide customized legal and administrative support, representing all participants in the industry including casinos, online operators, product manufacturers and providers, lottery vendors and operators, sweepstakes and charities. We also represent other parties such as investors, lenders and vendors that have gaming related issues.
Our services include:
- Regulatory advice
- Obtaining licenses and managing relations with regulators on an international basis
- Obtaining licenses for gambling premises
- License compliance
- Advising on corporate transactions in the sector (such as M&A, private equity investments, joint ventures, legal due diligence etc)
- Advising on commercial structures for the exploitation of gambling opportunities (e.g., white-label, partnerships and affiliate arrangements)
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements
- Advising on suitable jurisdictions for online operators from a tax and technical perspective
- Advertising, marketing and sponsorship arrangements
- Assisting clients in tenders and negotiations and drafting of concession agreements with the State
- Advising on company structuring and tax issues
- Protecting the Intellectual property of casinos, gaming equipment manufacturers and online gaming websites
- Advising on advertising issues
- GDPR compliance.